Please read carefully
1. Quotations are subject to the provision of the following facilities free of charge.
- Welfare and toilet facilities
- Power (240v/110v) within our place of work
- Adequate lighting within our place of work
- Continuous and unrestricted access to our place of work for personnel and equipment.
- Any access equipment required to undertake quoted works must be provided, sited and maintained by the client.
2. The following conditions of contract of apply.
- Retention will not apply to any contract resulting from this offer
- Our liability for damages or delays on our part, shall not exceed 10% of our contract value.
- No contract will be undertaken without signed or electronic acceptance/confirmation of the relating quotation which will serve as authorization to proceed and acceptance of our terms and conditions.
- A contract entire or areas within a contract will be deemed as completed upon the client site supervisor signing a customer satisfaction declaration. In the absence of a client representative, our lead technician will sign that works have been completed to a satisfactory standard.
- Although extremely rare, incorrect fitting, placement of internal space bars or edge faults can cause glass to crack or shatter when pressure is applied. The Guild of Glass Polishers nor Guild appointed sub-contractor/s will not be held accountable / liable in such a situation. In such an event, no charges will be made for works carried out on said panes.
- Should our technicians arrive on site to undertake glass polishing works and be unable to affect repairs due to situations and/or conditions beyond our control, (e.g., cracked glass, insecure fitting, inappropriate access or hazardous conditions, (this list is not exhaustive)) we reserve the right to reschedule said works for which there may be an additional charge. Note: Charges for the original site visit will still be chargeable.
- If glass has been coated with a self-cleaning or similar applied film coating, we will be unable to identify this prior to polishing. Carrying out glass polishing works on glass with an applied film coating could result in discoloration or porthole effects being visible on the polished surface. This situation is often rectifiable by applying a replacement coating but an exact colour match is not always possible. Note: In such a situation, The Guild of Glass Polishers nor Guild appointed sub-contractor/s will not be held responsible / liable. Applying replacement coatings may incur additional charges.
- Not being able to view the glass from both sides, either through not having access to the inside of a property or through blinds and curtains restricting our view, could result in slight haze or misting remaining after polishing. In such an event, a return visit will be required to rectify the situation which may be chargeable.
- Any on-site inductions required will be classed as time on-site and charged accordingly.
- The minimum acceptable standard for completed glass polishing works shall be in-line with the ‘Standards of Visual Quality for The Repair of Installed Flat Glass’ as laid out by The Guild of Glass Polishers.
This offer is made subject to the following terms
- Bank details being provided, and acceptable credit references being obtained
- Pro-forma invoice conditions apply on 1st order placed
- For contracts with a total value in excess of £2500, 50% of the total quoted value will be invoiced on a pro-forma basis and must be settled prior to the commencement of the contract with the balance paid on receipt of final invoice.
- For contracts in excess of £2500 quoted on corporate discount rates, discounts will only be applied to final invoice.
- Payment due by the date shown on the invoice.
- Late payment will accrue accumulative daily penalty charges at 2% of the total outstanding invoice amount.
- Where a quantity and rate are quoted, only variations of +/- 10% can be accommodated in the quoted rate.
- Where our quotation price is based upon the drawing/information/faxback details provided by the client, should the structure or requirement differ on site, we reserve the right to re-quote.
- All prices are quoted at Net.
- Retention deductions are not applicable to glass polishing services and will not be applied to any contract invoices or payments.
- Any contractual administration required by your company must be presented before the commencement of a contract. No documents will be accepted or signed by The Guild of Glass Polishers after the contract has commenced. Our commencement of a contract does not signify our agreement or acceptance of your terms and conditions unless your terms and conditions have been signed by an authorized representative of The Guild of Glass Polishers prior to the commencement of the contract.
- Sundry Charges
- We have allowed for the following working hours: 08.00 – 17.00
- Delays or waiting time outside of our control will be charged at £65.00 per man hour.
- Aborted visits / extra visits may be charged at £495 per man day.
- Cancellation of confirmed contracts must be received in writing (email/post/SMS) 48 hours in advance of the proposed commencement of the contract. Failure to notify within this time will result in charges for aborted visits.